Thursday, February 02, 2012

Living in the New York CIty Hinterland

I am living with my sister-in-law, Mindee.  We live right at the edge of the New York city commuting area (there is only one more train station after ours on the line).  My brother-in-law spends about 4 hours everyday commuting, 2 hours there, and 2 hours back.  


The area, because it is so remote, is very rural, which translates to very pretty.  There are mountains around us, and trees everywhere.  The view from my bedroom window is gorgeous-- all trees, and mountains, and a manicured lawn sloping down to a pond.  No house, or people.  It is very peaceful.


My days are filled with little children playing, and asking for food, and investigating.  My niece, Callie, likes to come visit me in my room, and find out what I am doing.  


Sometimes this means that I do not get as much work done as I would like.  Last night, I had a nightmare about not being prepared for the bar, so I intended to gets lots of work done this morning.  I was downstairs, getting breakfast, when my niece Annibelle ran into the room and told me she wanted hot chocolate.  So we made that, and then Callie came, and they were both having fun with the marshmallows.  And then there was a giant mess to clean up.  So I didn't get as much work done as I wanted.  But the girls are super cute.  

1 comment:

Amy Rose said...

I bet they love having you there! I am so jealous that you get to live in that beautiful area. I can't wait to see it someday myself!! Give those sweet girls a hug for me, and Mindee too. Hey, and tell my brother I said "hi bro" while you're at it. :)