Sunday, May 16, 2010

Blossom Ring

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I want the Tiffany's Blossom Ring when I get engaged.*  This was a result of many hours of diligent searching over the course of several years.  I knew I wanted a flower ring, and I looked for one until I found it.  
However, my unwavering belief that this was the ring I wanted was shaken when I had a conversation a couple weeks ago about blood diamonds.**  Most diamond companies (especially high-end diamond companies) do try to authenticate that the diamonds they sell are not blood diamonds.  But at the end of the day, a diamond is a rock.  Usually a small, concealable rock.  And diamond companies want to sell diamonds, and how is someone really going to prove one way or the other that this specific rock is a blood diamond or not. 

I started thinking about it.  Maybe I don't want a diamond.  I started looking a flower rings again: maybe I could find something out there; a flower ring that didn't have diamonds.  I quickly came to the same conclusion I came to before: 1. most flower rings are cheap and/or tacky (especially ones that do not have diamonds).  2. I really, really like the Blossom Ring.  The Blossom Ring is elegant, chic and understated.  Perfect.


So, I thought outside the box.  What if I just changed out the stones in the Blossom Ring, so that it didn't have diamonds.  I started thinking about it, and I got really excited.  I love the color pink.  If I had other stones, I could have a pink flower!  
This is what I came up with.  I love it.  I think it is even prettier than the original Blossom Ring.  


*See my November 22, 2009 post entitled "Maid Marian"
** For those who don't know, blood diamonds are diamonds that are obtained through violent acts.  The diamond industry is rife with individuals killed, attacked, exploited, etc.  

2 comments:

Amy Rose said...

I love it!! It's beautiful, and it would look so pretty on your finger.

Jan said...

That is a very cool ring.