Thursday, August 18, 2011

Superman Reboot

So, a new Superman movie is in the works.  Its supposed to come out June 2013.  It's called "Man of Steel" and all the bloggers are raving about how awesome its going to be, because they are going to make the new movie like they made the new batman movies.  

Maybe, it's just me, but I am kind of sad about the whole thing.

After watching "Superman Returns," I was beyond excited about Superman's son. And now, they are completely ABANDONING that whole story line.  Because apparently the producers feel they made a terrible mistake in "Superman Returns," and they need to completely reboot the whole franchise.  

I was so excited about Superman's son.  When I was a little girl, I used to read the Superman comics.  I got a huge volume from the library and read all the comics from the beginning.  And then, when I was a teenager, I used to watch the cartoon Superman TV show all the time.  And when I was in college I watched Smallville.  And when "Superman Returns" came out, I went and saw that, and then saw the rest of the movies.  

And I thought that the introduction of Superman's son was great.  I thought it would be awesome-- because then Superman wouldn't have to feel so alone anymore.  He'd have a son, that he could teach to help protect the world like he does.  And I was so happy when I heard they were filming a sequel.

AND THEN the producers killed the sequel and started making this "Man of Steel" movie instead.  And I am upset.  

No comments: