Saturday, April 16, 2011

Princess manicure

For the past few months, I have been doing my nails the same way.  I discovered this manicure a few months ago, when I was experimenting with some of my colors.  The manicure is simple and elegant, with just enough glamor to make me feel like a princess in the middle of a fairy tale.


I start with several coats of Sally Hansen's "Pink Slip".  Once the nail polish is even and thick enough to be opaque, I add a couple coats of Sally Hansen's "Shall We Dance?" to make my nails pinker.  The layering of many coats of nail polish give my nails depth, like fine china.  

Once my nails are the color I like, I use Sally Hansen's "Gilty Pleasure" to make a french tip across the top of my nail.  And I apply a coat of clear polish to keep the gold from wearing off. In the end, my nails look like gilded fine china.  

1 comment:

Mimi Collett said...

They look beautiful.