Monday, August 03, 2009

Me, high energy

Last week, I had a meeting with my boss and my boss' boss. My boss is about 60, and his boss is about the same age. We met in a restaurant, where we had desserts, and discussed work. Mostly, I just sat and listened. I did get to present on a couple points, but that lasted less than 5 minutes, and we were there for a couple hours.

I tried very hard to appear alert, and look like I valued the opportunity to meet with my superior. I wanted to make a good impression.

Apparently it worked. My boss' boss was impressed with me, and thinks I am high energy.

Me! High energy! When I was in lawschool, I had a friend tell me that he thought I had cronic fatigue syndrome, because I always looked so tired. When I am not working, I like to spend most of my time sitting quietly-- either reading, or watching something. I like taking long naps. But, I guess compared to a 60 year old, a lot of people could be considered high energy.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Good job Jeanie, way to impresses the Man.

Amy Rose said...

ha ha... Devin's boss is 85 years old, and Devin says he just won't quit... it's scary to think of the energy that man must have had at our age!!