Sunday, December 16, 2007

Upset about the stalker

So, yesterday, I was talking to my friend Rob. And he told me he didn't understand why I got upset about that guy who keeps on bothering me. I tried to explain it to him, but I don't think I expressed myself very well.

I think maybe all people see is that the guy keeps on pursuing me, and they see it as flattering, and don't get why I am upset.

I don't like that he won't take no for an answer, because it scares me that he ignores what I want. What if he wouldn't take no for an answer for something else he tried to get from me-- something that means a lot more than a date? As a female, I go through life constantly thinking about keeping myself safe. I think about it all the time. I've had some bad experiences in the past which have cemented in my mind the importance of not putting myself in situations where I can get hurt. I will not date a boy who does not respect me, because I see this as an extremely dangerous situation. And I see a boy who will not take no for an answer as a boy who does not respect me.

No comments: