Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Alone

My roommate left for China a week ago. Now I am all alone in my apartment. Surprisingly, I am really liking this. This is probably because I still spend tons of time with other people--it's just at night, when I am getting ready for bed that it really makes a difference. I can play my music as loud as I want, and take very, very long baths without worrying about Tilan needing to use the bathroom. It's pretty much heaven.

I've been trying to decide what to do with my life when I graduate. I think about it all the time-- about what is going to happen in the future. I have absolutely no idea. I don't know what is going to happen. I don't even really know what I want. I need to make a decision, but I think maybe I shouldn't rush this. Rushed decisions can be the wrong decision.

Right now, I'm relishing the moment. Enjoying being me. Enjoying being single, and skinny and pretty. After I graduate, things are going to fundamentally change. I'm not sure how--but it seems like that would be the case. When I was at BYU I missed out on a lot of stuff because I continuously looked to the future or dwelt on the past. I've decided to not make that mistake again, so I'm trying to relish the moment.

No comments: