Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Romantic Comedies

Recently, I've been reading a lot of teenage romantic comedies. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. I mean, I knew I liked romantic comedies, and I even knew I liked romantic comedies in book form- but somehow I kept on reading sci-fi books or fantasy books. Not that I don't enjoy those books- but I have discovered I like romantic comedy books way better. Though- there is a series of re-done fairy tales for teenagers- and that is probably the best of both worlds. The only sad thing, is that sometimes the writing isn't as good- because they wanted to get all the books in the series published, and whatever. I was especially disappointed by the one written by the author of Wicked. That one especially bitted. Bote? Bitten? hmm . . . Its write, wrote. Is it bite, bote? No its bite, bit. But does that work in my scentance? . . . that one espcially bit? hmm . . . That's the problem with irregular verbs- they always sound irregular.

My favorite romantic comedy book is probably Princesses don't Sweat. Its this delightful tale of a girly-girl (who reminds me of me) who goes to the outback and falls in love with an australian hottie. SIGH. It is SOOO cute. Then there is always Nicola and the Viscount- such a glorious book. That one is by Meg Cabot, and is probably my favorite book by her.

No comments: