Friday, December 17, 2010

Competition to lose weight

So, over the summer, I was talking to a friend.  We were both rather heavier than we wanted to be ... and we both needed to lose weight.  We did the whole BMI thing, and we were both in the "overweight" zone.  Which was depressing.  So we decided to get healthier and lose weight.

I saw this as a competition.  I like winning.   

I've been plodding along, slowly losing weight.  I was rather proud of the 6 pounds I'd lost.  Especially since I think I might be smaller than Rachel (who is pregnant.)  (Major reason for starting this diet=bigger than my pregnant sister.  That's just depressing.)

Then I saw my friend again.  And my friend lost a whopping 30 pounds.  

Arrr.  So, now I am much more motivated to lose weight.  Maybe I won't lose 30 pounds-- but if I did, then I'd be skinny enough to be a super-model.  Hee hee.

1 comment:

Jacki said...

Read Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman. That made me get skinny real quick.