Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Atelier

Rachel has offically asked me to help her with her wedding. Of course, Rachel is not officially engaged yet . . . but that will probably be resolved quickly. This means that I get to be Rachel's atelier, which is a french term for wedding planner. I'm so excited. Rachel wants a hobbit wedding, which means that I need to watch the first Lord of the Rings movie a bunch-- at least the first part, with the hobbit party.

Just to clarify. Rachel doesn't want a hobbit themed wedding, she wants a hobbit wedding. This means a wedding like a hobbit would have, not a wedding where everyone is dressed in Lord of the Rings outfits. Though Rachel is going to name all the fish after charachters from the Lord of the Rings . . . maybe this will be slightly hobbit themed. sigh.

We were going to go to the Macy's Bridal Salon on thursday, to try on wedding dresses, but Rachel has a job interview, so I will have to call and change the appointment. sigh. there is the prettiest chantilly lace pick up skirt bridal gown that I saw there. I really wanted to try it on. Rachel said if we went, I would have to try on all the dresses. We are the same size now. hee hee.

No comments: