Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays. This year I did not go on a romantic date (like I have always wanted to), but I did have fun.

The day before Valentine's Day, me and my roommates made yummy mini-pies. They are heart shaped, with a delicious raspberry pear filling. The crust was perfectly flaky-- made with butter instead of lard, so it had lots of flavor. Delicious.

As if that wasn't enough, on Valentine's Day, I made chocolate cupcakes with my roommates. Instead of baker's chocolate, I melted some Dove hearts, and used that in the cupcakes. I also put in coco powder. The frosting was a yummy strawberry cream cheese frosting, with real strawberries diced fine and mixed in. To top it off, I piped some melted Dove chocolate into lacy hearts and cooled them in the fridge. They made the perfect topper.

1 comment:

Jan said...

You should have posted pictures. :)